1. I’m doing a BJ’s run in an hour – I will get there at 9am so I won’t be tempted by free samples. I have a curated list with corresponding coupons and have been realistic about what I do and don’t need.
2. Bundling errands! I’m hitting BJ’s and Walgreens in the same shopping center and then dropping off a whole carload of stuff to the thrift store. I will then park my car again and not get in it until I’m leaving for my dad’s on Friday. Happily using my newly-tuned up bike or public transportation has been working well.
3. My dog was an expensive little bastard this month and I’m thankful I have pet insurance for him! It’s $34.01 per month and this month I was reimbursed $160 of the $340 I put out for him in vet bills. I have been reimbursed roughly $550 in vet bills in the last year since I got Wally and it has saved my life considering I did not have a savings account dedicated to dog expenses (something I will probably do next time I get a dog…but I have several years to think about that!)
4. I was a hermit this weekend and spent most of yesterday indoors and hanging out with the dog. I did ALL OF THE LAUNDRY, cleaned the living room, and generally “unfucked my habitat” and will feel good going into this week with a clean home.
5. Yesterday I was complimented on an outfit I had put together…3 year old shoes, 3 year old shirts, free tank top, and free button down. Aside from a desperately needed and well-planned underwear re-up, I haven’t spent any money on clothes since February (when I started a new job in a corporate environment and legit didn’t have time between jobs to thrift up professional staples) and have no reason to int he foreseeable future. I’ve been ogling an ugly pair of Sperry Topsiders but know they aren’t needed so I’m holding off. Maybe if I earn enough Swagbucks giftcards……..but I doubt it.
Five Frugal Things a la Non-Consumer Advocate