- I got all of my final items to be snowed in today – had a 20% off + $1 off coupon for CVS, hit the liquor store, picked up dry cleaning, etc!
- I am going to strive to take advantage of the local library 3 blocks away from me this year – I started by borrowing Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin
- I’m going to spend most of tomorrow cooking, cleaning, and doing handwash in the house. If house work on a Saturday seems impossible I have plenty of arts and crafts here that can occupy my time. Also my dog.
- I couldn’t find sidewalk salt…but luckily my neighbor did and needed someone to shovel! I love tradesies.
- I made some amazing cookies out of random pantry items:
2c quick oats
1tsp baking power
1/2c white sugar
1/2c brown sugar
1/2 smashed banana
1-2tbsp peanut butter
some type of chocolate (I used the crumbs from a chocolate covered pretzel bag)
I also threw some walnuts in there
- For $5.70 total (mostly tip) I got a free large pineapple pizza delivered to my house. I have food for dinner tonight and tomorrow.
- Prepping the crockpot for mexican chicken so I can eat nachos through the weekend…or mexican pizza! I have enough back up food to not be concerned about the coming winter storm! Winter is coming…
- I have plenty of arts and crafts to work on through the storm this weekend and am happy to use up the cable I pay for. I know cable is the first thing all blogs say to cut….but with the amount of time I spend at home I feel that I am justified in my negotiated rates.
- Had to take Wally to the vet today expecting to throw a boatload down…turns out all they did was one shot so it was a $25 visit – when you keep up on health it turns out to be less expensive!
- I’m going to spend this weekend doing some handwash to get me through to wherever I end up next weekend. So far I’ve saved up $50 in Lowes giftcards to pay for the appliances I will eventually have to get. Thanks Swagbucks, Perk, and Shopkick!
- My boo and I had a pizza date at home this weekend – we went and spent about $30 on fixins and $1.75 on pizza dough at the bakery at the end of my block. We snacked and made roasted garlic and pizzas together! I have PLENTY of leftovers to make another pizza or two to get me through the end of the week.
- It’s A DAY OFF!!! I’m at home with my dog watch TV and working on some really old craft projects I should really complete. If I’m home I’m not spending money!
- I’m earning giftcards on Swagbucks, Perk, and InboxDollars while watching TV and crafting. I want to buy a new fridge, washer, and dryer so I’ve been earning Lowes giftcards and I’m up to $50!
- Speaking of not having a washer or dryer….today I’ll do a load of handwash in my clean tub to tide me through next weekend! I plan to get these things by the spring but it has been quite the game working around not having a washer and dryer at home. At least I’m saving on my expenses!
- I’ve saved over $100 using Digit this year – I plan to use it to put a huge chunk down on this student loan this year!
- I got a grande beverage at Starbucks using gift cards I have earned. I know it’s a small step and I shame myself constantly for not being able to drop the habit.
- I have spent a LOT of money on groceries this month in hopes I can get them to last me for at least the next two months (and quarterly for some of it) as I basically came here with one box of spices and a can of beans I needed to reup my pantry staples. I used iBotta, Shopkick, and coupons for a BJs run. Almost $300 later I have plenty of my personal pantry staples to get me through the winter. The most important things to note are all the beans and 4lbs of bacon.
- My coworker knows my love of coupons and shares in a bit of my frugalness. She brought me two free pizza coupons! I’m going to take her some coupons I’ve pulled out of the circulars for the last two weeks.
- It’s a little chilly in my home….so I have added layers. The temperature is just enough to make sure nothing freezes and not make me miserable. Wally and i just snuggle about it and he doesn’t seem uncomfortable.
- My dogwalker and I have been doing food swaps to save ourselves from meal fatigue (both two ladies living alone and just can’t seem to get portions for one down) so I left her with a bag of pork and apples from my crockpot and she left me a bag of fresh hummus and even left me a little something she knew I could use….…a garlic roaster! To go with the BJ’s-sized bag of garlic I purchased.