Yesterday was full of a lot of awesome things and I dropped some cash for it. I don’t regret any of it because I went on adventures and caught up with people that I haven’t seen in awhile.
I went out to lunch with a friend that got me this job and then my boss ended up with an extra ticket to a Pig Iron fundraiser that ended up being a wonderful offbeat cabaret.
It was a stressful day and I was bummed so here’s my 5 Frugal Things about it:
- I still had iced coffee from last night and I somehow made that one jar last all day! I drank water all day instead of coffee or soda….totally not normal but let’s see if I can make it 2 days!
- I did actually walk to the Starbucks after a particularly stressful morning…stopped at the steps…and just walked around the block and went back to work. I didn’t need the boost or to waste my free beverage….so I didn’t and I went back home!
- It would appear that I forgot to take my crockpot out of the fridge and actually cook my baked potato soup for dinner and food for the rest of the week. I can’t do it tomorrow because I will be gone for over 12 hours and that will kill it! Luckily I was able to make myself an egg sandwich (with a glass of wine) and still have enough turkey chili at work for another meal so I am prepared.
- I’m very excited to have a pop tart and glass of milk for dessert. Cheap pop tarts are delicious pop tarts.
- I didn’t buy a lear jet….or anything for that matter.
I seem to always unravel mid-month so I plan to go really strong for these first 2 weeks and will not spend money (does not include bills/utilities) until Wednesday, February 17 when I am having dinner with friends and kicking off a vacation.
So here are 5 Frugal Things today:
- Today someone gave me two free tickets to see Funnyman at the Arden at the dn of the month – so pumped! I love live theatre but it is so expensive these days.
- My dogwalker and I exchange meals mid-week to fight leftover fatigue. Last week she threw a bag of chili in my freezer and I took it to work for lunch today…well it thawed to what seemed like 3 times the amount so I think it will tide me over for 2-3 more lunches! SCORE! I’ll be thanking her with baked potato soup that will be going in the crockpot tomorrow
- I wrapped up a $15 Swagbucks Amazon giftcard yesterday so I started from almost 0 today – would really like to at least hit my basic goals every day but it entirely depends on whats going on.
- I have a free Starbucks drink on my app and I’m going to see how long before I use it – I made a large jar today and have some leftover iced coffee for tomorrow!
- Currently my favorite bottle of wine cost $10. I don’t need that fancy shit.
Well I’ve been a bit MIA for the past month…..because I just bought and moved into a house. All of my months of spend fasts and staying in finally paid off and I am now typing from my very own home. In Philadelphia, the rent has skyrocketed in the last year and for the responsible individual it is actually cheaper to just get a mortgage than to try to rent.
I haven’t had internet for most of the month so I feel very behind on a lot of my earning sites….but I was able to unpack most of my important things so it’s a trade off! All that’s left to unpack are books and art work. I should probably get some furniture soon. I need a couch which I plan to buy new and I need a table and chairs…but that I plan to obtain the free way. Right now I have a card table and a few different chairs so I’m making do. I’ve also fashioned a pillow/blanket fort in my living room in front of the TV.
My giftcard earnings have switched from Amazon and Starbucks to Pier1 and Lowes. Who am I? Is this what 29 looks like? I’m hoarding up gift cards so I can go on a big awesome shopping spree in February. I took some vacation days in February and I want to go to Delaware to ball out for my home. By then I bet I can earn another $100 or so – especially if I’m a hermit through January.
Spend fast, anyone?