- I trade leftovers with my friend/dogwalker throughout the week and today she left me a mystery meal that was delicious – turns out it’s oriechette with swiss chard and tomatoes. I’ll be leaving her pulled pork which is one of her favorites! She is my friend first and dogwalker second – she walks my dog 4 days a week in exchange for me ordering things for her on Amazon and the occasional trip to BJ’s or to pick up something large in my hatchback.
- I did not renew my ridiculous gym membership that no longer works based on where I live! I now do the $15/month cancel-anytime membership with the gym in my office building. It’s *tiny* but the machines are clean and work and the showers are nicer than mine at home. Also…if I go 150 times in a 12month span I will get reimbursed by my health insurance! I have gained pretty much all of the weight I lost on Weight Watchers but just can’t justify the cost right now – so instead, I’m using a mixture of higi and myfitnesspal to log and be held accountable.
- I am preparing for my boyfriend to move in at the end of next month. I’ve been purging and putting together things to sell to make room for him. Not only is it really exciting to make that next step but it will be SO MUCH BETTER to combine incomes to handle household expenses.
- I biked to work which was technically free. A monthly transpass costs $91 and I managed to scoot by on $56 in tokens instead! I am increasing my work’s pre-tax public transportation vouchers to $72 which is exactly what I need in tokens to get to and from work instead of paying $91 for the pass.
- Swagbucks is having an ncrave swago party so I’ve been earning a lot in a short period of time.
Whirlwinds and windfalls! May and June were kind of nuts as I studied for and passed my health and life insurance license exam on June 22nd. I’ve been solely focused on cramming 25 units into my face and am just now coming up for air. I was not very frugal and did little planning and I’m happy to get back on track (how many times have i said that now? Oh well.)
I bought a washer and dryer but the electricity to the dryer needs to be fixed first. At least I can wash my delicates! i may still take one more trip to the laundromat since I have some huge quilts and money left on the laundry card that is virtually useless otherwise.
I just dropped $60 at Aldi and am cooking and preparing for the week! Turkey balls just came out of the oven and I’m going to crock up some pulled pork tomorrow. I got a bag of spring mix for 89cents that will be perfect for both items. I seriously can’t get enough of Aldi.
I did decide it was time to drop $15/month at least for a gym membership at work. I’m going to try and check it out tomorrow after work because I will be sad if I get there all early only to be denied access. I may cancel it (anytime cancellation woo!) and do Planet Fitness with my boyfriend moves in next month (!!!) but we’ll see what happens.
Things are happening!